Monday, January 12, 2009

DAY 12/365: Anniversary Celebration (Food Trip)

It's our 7th Wedding Anniversary!!!!What a great surprise to wake up to an arrangement of pink roses. I was telling hubby that we should get ready as we have a reservation at the Singapore Seafood Republic at Shinagawa when suddenly someone knocked on our door. It's a flower delivery for me. Yay! So sweet!!! It is our first time in that restaurant and we are quite excited to once again taste Black Pepper and Chili Crab, Singapore style. I was a bit hesitant since it was so expensive compared to the price in Singapore. We actually had two backup options since Friday's and Outback are just around the corner. We went ahead and asked the receptionist about the price of the crabs and it ranges from small size JPY4,200($45) up to Yokozuna at JPY8k++ ($90). It was a nice lunch overall. I want to share some pics from our lunch and some reviews, in case you plan to visit Japan and have plans of tasting a little something from Singapore. Here's the link: "Singapore Seafood Republic" but I would highly recommend if you'll visit Singapore to try The Jumbo Seafood Restaurant at Clarke Quay. The price is reasonable and super yummy too!

Chicken Satay

I will still go for Thai Chicken Satay for it's Peanut Sauce, the sauce they served here is not my type. They have 2 sauces, the other one is Pineapple sauce.

Calamares
Hubby loved it! It's yummy for him and the sauce is perfect.

Indonesian nasi goreng (fried rice)
Just OK for me!

Pepper Crab

We were both disappointed because the pepper is too strong! Looks like they put lots of it and you cannot actually taste the crab. So we decided to order another one, "The Chili Crab".


Chili Crab
Just what we were looking for! Perfect texture and really yummy! We should have ordered this first but hubby was right, we better order both Pepper and Chili, so next time we know what to order. When we visited Singapore we ordered Pepper and Chili and both were delicious!

The place is cozy and the interior is somewhat similar in theme to the Raffles Hotel in Singapore. We both loved it, obviously not the price though lol, but it is okay for special occasions.

Thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comments and greetings! I'll visit you tomorrow. Off to bed!

Have a fabulous day/night!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow that food looks delish!!

January 13, 2009 at 9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! That food looks amazing....and the roses are beautiful! TFS!

January 13, 2009 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Mincks-Schlehahn said...

Gorgeous roses! Great photos of the food which all looks delish!

January 13, 2009 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger Mommy Spice said...

Happy Anniversary my friend!!!! Looks like you had a great time! That food looks so yummy and those flowers are gorgeous!

January 13, 2009 at 1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that looks so yummy,beautiful flowerphoto

January 13, 2009 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

Wowwwwww honey happy Anniversary again, the food looks amazing and I dont even lke sea food. You are an awesome food critic too! My taste buds are disfunctional or maybe im just pregnant and everything tastes good right now LOL.

January 13, 2009 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger ~Susie~ said...

Happy Anniversaty! The food looks so yummy!

January 13, 2009 at 4:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

great shot!
wow, how awesome ... your pictures are so great ...
I also have a Proejkt 365 days ..
I link your blog, if I may ..

January 13, 2009 at 6:23 PM  
Blogger Chreamps said...

Happy Anniversary! What a sweet hubby you have - those roses are just gorgeous - such vibrant pinks and I love the pale ones, too, great contrast!

Those food pictures are beautiful and just make your mouth water! I agree with the above poster, you would make an excellent food critic, and you make me want to visit Japan. Love all the interesting information that you give with your photo's - TFS!

January 13, 2009 at 10:43 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

Happy Anniversary Beth!!! The food looks yummy! I love crabs too even though I'm allergic! LOL! I just make sure I take meds before eating. Hehehe.

January 14, 2009 at 1:53 AM  
Blogger tconlan said...

Happy Anniversary!! the roses are gorgeous and your photos of the food are wonderful!!

January 14, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Guest/s at the moment