Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 20/365: Bored

I can't believe we spent the whole day in the hospital today. We woke up early to have my NST but waited for so long for my OB appointment, Should be around 11:30 to noon, but it was 2:30 p.m. when I saw my OB. Hubby was with me as usual. He always goes with me in my appointments ever since I found out that I'm pregnant with Rein and now with Caleigh. He decided to take the day off from work since the doctor said that I need to prep for my CS operation on Feb 12. I took blood tests, ECG and X-ray which she didn't tell me prior to my visit today. We were done around 4 p.m. and we haven't eaten our lunch yet at that time and Rein was kinda cranky already.

Enough of venting, lol. I just couldn't imagine staying that long in the hospital with a 4 year old who felt so bored even though she brought her DS with her. I remember a discussion a year ago, "Are doctors wasting our time?" You go there with an appointment yet she'll see you after 2 to 3 hours or even 3 hours after.

My poor lil girl went to bed early. We were all so tired today and planned to go to bed very early then wake up around midnight to watch the historical event in the States as Obama is inaugurated as the first black President.

Thanks for stopping by! I promise to get back to you :)

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

Good luck with your upcoming c/s! Spending all day at the hospital is never fun! your photo is very pretty, even if she was bored :)

January 21, 2009 at 2:54 AM  
Blogger Kerri said...

You poor soul being stuck waiting for that amount of time. Any amount with a toddler is difficult!
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and c/s.
Did you get up to see the inaugaration. At least in Germany it was only 6pm! Awesome I thought
Hugs
Kerri

January 21, 2009 at 3:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope everything is ok with you and the baby ...

Yes, today's event is quite exciting ... I'm glad to be here ...

January 21, 2009 at 3:35 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Good luck with your C/S!
And it can feel like such a waste of time sitting and waiting for those docs!
I hope that you got to see the inaugaration, i watched it on tv.

January 21, 2009 at 3:47 AM  
Blogger Carla Phillips said...

So sorry you had to spend so much time at the hospital. I too agree they waste to much time in seeing patients.. Such a great photo though. Thanks for sharing and Congrats on your upcoming arrival..I love the name you've picked out, my oldest is Kaeleigh..

January 21, 2009 at 3:58 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

yeah that's always the thing with dr.s and hospitals, sometimes I think making an appointment isn't that big of deal anyway! That must have been a long wait... Great shot and like the processing!

January 21, 2009 at 4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are giving you an x-ray while you're pregnant? I was never able to have them while I was. Good luck with your c/s! For me, after having 2 of them, the recovery is a breeze, it's the spinal that totally sucks. LOL

January 21, 2009 at 6:11 AM  
Blogger Iris said...

Puuh that's just a long, long time waiting in the hospital!
Hope everything is ok!
And I love your photo, so dreamy!

January 21, 2009 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

Sounds like a really long day, bet you are glad that is finished for now anyway! Love the angle on the picture.

January 21, 2009 at 8:58 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Oh, Beth, good luck with everything! Your photo is amazing, love the angled perspective. Poor darling - such a long day!

January 21, 2009 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger Decomom said...

Hospitals are horrible for four year olds - they are even boring to grown-ups! Hope you got to see Obama's inauguration! Get some rest!

January 21, 2009 at 11:03 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

oh what a time :( hope you ended up with some good rest!!! :)

January 21, 2009 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger tconlan said...

Love the coloring and angle of this pic! what a frustrating day!

January 21, 2009 at 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh sweetie,good luck with everything! Your photo is so cute

January 21, 2009 at 3:47 PM  
Blogger Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

Your photo is so gorgeous and has such a wonderful mood to it. I am sorry you had to waste so much time at the hospital. I agree the doctor's take advantage. I dont understand how some can cancel an appointment if you are 15 minutes late and charge you anyhow but we can wait hours at times. I have a fabulous ob thank goodness but my kids pediatrician is like this! Today was such a memorable day for us. I love that other countrys are so interested too. I am so proud ot be an American today.

January 21, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Guest/s at the moment