Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 28/365: All time fave in the Philippines


I just want to share one of my favorite food from the Philippines. This is called Roasted Suckling Pig (Lechon). This is very popular in Asia and in some other countries in South America. I'm not sure if you've tried it, I think some Chinese restaurants offer this kind of food but with a twist.

My mom is here. She flew from Manila to be with us when I give birth in the next couple of weeks. She'll stay here for 3 months. She brought 1 kilo of Lechon and some of my other favorites and sour green mangoes which can only be found in Manila. I think you can also get it from some Asian stores here but at a very high cost. I'm thankful that her flight was hassle free and the things she brought weren't confiscated at the airport. Hubby and I were really excited because we missed it so much and we really enjoyed our meal :)

Thanks for stopping by! Off to bed.

Have a great day/night! :)

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger cloggie68 said...

How nice of your mom and how great she will be with you the next weeks!! Great colorful photo!

January 29, 2009 at 3:55 AM  
Blogger amson said...

Wonderful photo and I remember lechon from trips to the Phillipines. Especially as I don't eat pork!

January 29, 2009 at 5:23 AM  
Blogger Cathy Pascual said...

how nice that you're mom is staying with you!!! you're so lucky!

and the lechon looks yummy. I remember when I was 10 my whole family visited the philippines (all 9 of us) and one of our relatives made a lechon in honor of our visit. my sister also had it for her wedding in Hawaii!

January 29, 2009 at 5:48 AM  
Blogger tconlan said...

How great to have mom there and the comforts from home!

You've been tagged - see the details here http://tammys365.blogspot.com/
:)

January 29, 2009 at 11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful to have your mom to be with you while you give birth!

January 29, 2009 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger Erika said...

Great that your mom arrived safe, and that she brougth goodies for you! The lechon looks like something we got at my BIL's wedding in northern Thailand. Great picture!

January 29, 2009 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So great you can enjoy something you love to eat. Great pic.

January 30, 2009 at 12:16 AM  
Blogger Camila said...

Oh Beth, this is popular here in Brazil too! I LOVE it!

January 30, 2009 at 6:03 AM  
Blogger Decomom said...

Yay! Your mom is here! Only two more weeks until Cayleigh is here - how exciting! How are you going to do a pic a day when you are in the hospital?!? I think you get a special pass for that/those day/s! :)

February 1, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Guest/s at the moment